Monday, July 9, 2007

Summer Fun

We are having too much fun here . . . soaking up the summer sun. I am loving every minute of it. Warm days, cool nights. Who could ask for more?
Here are some pics from our excursion to the Wild Animal Park with Sarah, Eric and Jan. Sarah and I went in the early afternoon with the kids, and Eric and Jan joined us after work. What a fun day.



We met these guys from Kenya who were Lion hunters. They are here for a month in order to raise money for their community to learn new skills since lions are becoming scarce. Only one spoke english, but was very well spoken and knowledgeable. It was fun for the kids to ask questions.

Our 4th was filled with fun as well. We had a pancake breakfast at the church to start the day off. Too bad I was 45 minutes late because Jan accidentally took my suburban keys to work with him . . . . The remainder of the day was fun with lots of friends, and don't forget the performance of Dr. Feelgood and the interns of love! That is a family favorite every year. The fireworks are amazing, and it was fun watching Claire's eyes light up like it was her first time seeing them again.


This is Kaile and her cousin Kaylee. They are great friends.
We rounded out our weekend by staying at a resort in San Diego for a night as a birthday present from Jan's parents. We just lazed about, and then spent all of Saturday walking around San Diego.
We had a wonderful day, went to see transformers the movie, and then were able to visit Jan's cousin (Shane and Melinda) who had just had a baby girl, named Olivia. What a wonderful way to end the weekend. She is adorable. (Ben and Erin were also in the hospital, but still in labor. They had their baby boy early this morning. LONG labor! I hope to see him today.)
Sarah had watched our kids for us, and we were pleased to see our two oldest sacked out in our bed when we came home. They had a good weekend as well, visiting their cousin Michael for his birthday party (Which I heard was a hit, Amy), and also seeing the movie Ratatoille. Thank you Eric and Sarah!

6 comments:

Christene said...

I just watched a few of Bon Jovi's songs in the Live Earth Concert. I am really appalled that he would introduce his song "Dead or Alive" by stating, "Would everyone please stand for our national anthem." I thought better of him before now. How upsetting.

Christene said...

And to think it was an 'Al Gore' concert.

Amy F said...

I love this post. Summer is so great... and I am glad you are having lots of fun family time.

I enjoyed Kaile and Garrett so much on Saturday. Kaile played with the girls (especially Bekah) for forever, and Garrett was Michael's cars playing pal. They are such great kids.

And I am so glad you got a REAL vacation (even if it was only overnight). One of my friends says that a "vacation" with kids is not a vacation... it is a trip (with lots of work and little relaxation). Sometimes we need to take our own vacations in order to get a real vacation!

Christene said...

We have some family friends who are probably in their 70's-80's, and have been married forever and have a great relationship, and they told Sarah they think that every couple needs to go on a weekend getaway once a quarter. That is really hard right now, but I can sure see the wisdom!

Amy F said...

Once a quarter?!??!!!! Whooohooo... I think we're up for another trip, Pauly!

Jenn said...

Sounds like you are having a great summer. I miss the animal park days!! Your kids are getting so big and i haven't even met claire!! Keep enjoying the summer-- it's going to fast!