July found us at our friends, the Hasvold's, river house. We thoroughly enjoy our time with them at the river each summer. We are truly blessed to have such friends. We arrived late Friday night, and I awoke Saturday to Jan giving Garrett a mohawk for the weekend. I was pretty upset, but handled myself with grace and poise. I only yelled a little before giving in and taking pictures. It was only for the weekend, right?


The Hasvold's have a 14 year old daughter, Tanya, who loves our kids, and they love her.

Jan and Kaile on the boat.

Kaile hanging out listening to "tunes" like the boys do.

Claire constantly ate this trip!

I even had a few moments to sit back and contemplate life and what this next year will bring, as well as have some great conversations with Mara. The skies reminded me of New Mexico skies, just not as brilliant. Still relaxing and amazing. God is amazing.


I guess the mohawk was kind of cute. Garrett is just cute no matter what!

Jan and Garrett playing.

Kaile learned how to kneeboard this trip. She did great! We wore our kids out . . . Claire can't even eat without falling asleep, and Garrett falls asleep while driving. What a pair.
Hopefully I will get some video downloaded some time so you can see Kaile in action on the kneeboard. What a trip! Look forward to August pictures! Luckily we get to go back for a couple of days in August. River, here we come!
8 comments:
I loved this read about Harry Potter, since I am such a knitting and crocheting nut now.
http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/lionbrand/displayCustomerProjects.fcgi?projectKey=36358&displayType=story
We read your post here in Oregon with the fam... and Jan got lots of groans for giving Garrett the Mohawk. Dad called Jan a numbskull. Garrett is definitely cute no matter what Jan does to him. The question is... does Garrett still have the Mohawk?? ???
Glad you are enjoying summer river days. The kiddos look like they are having a blast. And I am glad you got some relax time on this vacation!
We'll have to get your August schedule and compare to try to get a time to come down to see you. With the mohawk???
You will be happy to know that the morning after we got home (Wed), I shaved it off. (While Jan was at work of course.) Jan wanted to keep it until Sunday, and see people's reactions as he sat on the bishop's lap with a mohawk. Luckily, Eric has a wonderful daughter-in-law. :) I couldn't stand it any longer. I found myself blaming any disobedience on the hair. How funny. It is amazing how a haircut makes me think of people . . . punk, kind, jerk, etc. I guess I need to watch myself in judging people based on their hair. By the way, Garrett bawled the entire time I was shaving it off. He really wanted to keep the do. Jan better not have ruined him.
I would of shaved my husbads head while he was sleeping if he did that to my kid!! I have to admit though he looks pretty cute. It looks like you had a great time.
I threatened to shave Jan's head, but he wouldn't look as cute as Garrett!
i watched taxi driver on amc at mom and dad risenmay's and travis bickle definitely colored the mohawk for generations...
the problem is christene, if you gave jan a mohawk you would run the risk of him loving it...and walking in to church next to the bishop to see people's response...
I am a little concerned now. Rick has told me that he and Garrett are getting mohawks when we go back to the river next week. I am a little concerned about Jan not resisting the peer pressure :) Did you ever think I married such a rebel?
Christine, you act surprised. We all know you aren't at all. Jan's always had a rebel streak!
We have Saturday the 25th off... could we all get together??
Post a Comment