Look into our hearts and minds and see what makes us tick! Feel free to cry and laugh with us.
Monday, May 7, 2007
My Garden and Kids
So . . . I put in a garden. It is really Eric and Sarah's garden, and the Turley's behind us, and mine . . . but I consider it my garden. We are going to have a TON of zucchini. Anyone in need???? We may be shipping it to you if worse comes to worse!! j/k Kaile's personality showing through. Favorite family time. Guess we need to work on those right elbows being up, huh?
I have to apologize Christene. This is my first visit, and I can't believe what I missed.
Your garden looks promising! Tell Jan I have been keeping up with the padres like never before. I have an online radio station that I catch all the games on. My baseball fever has me pitching for a crappy softball team (last game we lost 24-4, but I still consider myself the Jake Peavy of softball).
Your kids look great. Can't wait to see you guys in branson!
AJ... didn't know you were pitching softball. Now that I'd like to see!
Christine... wow, what a garden! That will keep you busy. I'll put an order in for some zucchini.
The pictures of you with Kaile are so cute, and the one of Kaile is stunning. She is such a beautiful girl. And it looks like Garrett could teach Michael a thing or two about baseball in Branson. You guys bring a bat and ball, and we'll bring a football... those boys will be entertained for days!
Christine... what can I do to help with the newsletter??
I should have the newsletter printed tomorrow. Eric wants to put in his memories last minute, so I need to wait for tomorrow. Bummer. I was ready to be done.
We will bring a bat and ball. Did I tell you that I ended up having to print a copy of Michael and "Lightning McQueen"? We taped it up by the head of his bed. He kept bugging me to see it over and over, so now he has it to look at and mull over every day. He is convinced he needs to go with Michael to Disneyland to see their favorite character together. We may need to conspire.
Conspire we shall. Our season passes expire at the end of June... and we're blocked out of some days until then. So if you guys are up for a Disney Day... let us know. We'd be more than happy to comply!
Jan hardly gets on the computer. He is working 14 hour days. I think he wishes he could get on a little more, just doesn't have the time.
Ginny doesn't have an internet connection, and Sam and Christopher just could care less.
Unfortunate, huh?
Paul - thanks for the invite. I work in Kaile's class on Mondays. Let me know when you go again! (Things get really busy when you have kids in school, it is really unbelievable! I work 1 day a week for 4 hours, I babysit 2 days a week so other moms can go in, and I am on the PTA and have several meetings a month in order to make sure Kaile gets in to a good class.)
We do get to see the Padres every once in a while. We went to opening day as a family, and Jan went the next night as well with some friends. Don't worry, he has plenty of play time.
In fact . . . Jan got to go shooting on company money last night. Two of his guys won an "incentive" to go shooting at the range. Jan took them to the indoor range in Oceanside, and they shot his HK and AR15. I think they also rented a 45. Don't worry about Jan, he plays plenty.
I don't know that it will necessarily be cold. I think it will be warm and humid. It is supposed to be in the upper 70's low 80's. Not too bad. Can't wait to see you!!
19 comments:
I have to apologize Christene. This is my first visit, and I can't believe what I missed.
Your garden looks promising! Tell Jan I have been keeping up with the padres like never before. I have an online radio station that I catch all the games on. My baseball fever has me pitching for a crappy softball team (last game we lost 24-4, but I still consider myself the Jake Peavy of softball).
Your kids look great. Can't wait to see you guys in branson!
Go Padres!!! I'm so glad you have the fever! I can see you as Jake Peavy :) Southern Drawl and all.
Are you really going to Branson??? I am so excited!!! Do you fly in with your parents?? Is Paul coming too?
AJ... didn't know you were pitching softball. Now that I'd like to see!
Christine... wow, what a garden! That will keep you busy. I'll put an order in for some zucchini.
The pictures of you with Kaile are so cute, and the one of Kaile is stunning. She is such a beautiful girl. And it looks like Garrett could teach Michael a thing or two about baseball in Branson. You guys bring a bat and ball, and we'll bring a football... those boys will be entertained for days!
Christine... what can I do to help with the newsletter??
I should have the newsletter printed tomorrow. Eric wants to put in his memories last minute, so I need to wait for tomorrow. Bummer. I was ready to be done.
We will bring a bat and ball. Did I tell you that I ended up having to print a copy of Michael and "Lightning McQueen"? We taped it up by the head of his bed. He kept bugging me to see it over and over, so now he has it to look at and mull over every day. He is convinced he needs to go with Michael to Disneyland to see their favorite character together. We may need to conspire.
Conspire we shall. Our season passes expire at the end of June... and we're blocked out of some days until then. So if you guys are up for a Disney Day... let us know. We'd be more than happy to comply!
Is Jan computer illiterate or does he hate the thought of being a blogger? Same with his brothers and sister! Lets round up some peterson comments!
Peavy Strikes again!!!!
peavy...sounds just like you aj:)
christene: we are going to california adventure tomorrow...want to come?
the garden looks...tiring. i have traumatic memories of weeding as a child.
in my previous life i never would have thought i would be disappointed missing a trip to branson, mo:(
Jan hardly gets on the computer. He is working 14 hour days. I think he wishes he could get on a little more, just doesn't have the time.
Ginny doesn't have an internet connection, and Sam and Christopher just could care less.
Unfortunate, huh?
Paul - thanks for the invite. I work in Kaile's class on Mondays. Let me know when you go again! (Things get really busy when you have kids in school, it is really unbelievable! I work 1 day a week for 4 hours, I babysit 2 days a week so other moms can go in, and I am on the PTA and have several meetings a month in order to make sure Kaile gets in to a good class.)
Wow... I guess I get one more calm year. But I know it helps to be really invested when children are in school... you are a great example, Christine.
Happy Mother's Day!! Hope it was a good one for you.
Hope Jan's schedule calms down sometime soon...
That sounds about like Jan. That guy is too much of a workaholic. I hope he still gets to catch a few padres games now and then.
I'm gonna have to slap some sense into your brothers-in-law next weekend.
We do get to see the Padres every once in a while. We went to opening day as a family, and Jan went the next night as well with some friends. Don't worry, he has plenty of play time.
In fact . . . Jan got to go shooting on company money last night. Two of his guys won an "incentive" to go shooting at the range. Jan took them to the indoor range in Oceanside, and they shot his HK and AR15. I think they also rented a 45. Don't worry about Jan, he plays plenty.
Work hard, play hard...
I hope you get a chance to play, too... Christine. You sure do work hard.
For instance... that amazing newsletter and our complete itinerary for Branson I received in my inbox today. Amazing... thank you.
Can't wait to see everyone. The countdown is almost over!
i just feel bad i didn't get an intinerary..:(..
Ok, I don't feel sorry for Jan anymore.
You did get an itinerary, dear. It's the email you got.
Thanks again for spreading the news, Christine. I don't know if I have warm enough clothes for the girls! We'll see.
Ohhhhhh.
SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!!
I don't know that it will necessarily be cold. I think it will be warm and humid. It is supposed to be in the upper 70's low 80's. Not too bad. Can't wait to see you!!
Post a Comment