Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ty's Birth Video

I'm sorry this has taken so long to get here.... Ty is a great baby. He was 9 lbs. 7 oz. at his dr's appt today (2 weeks). He is already growing fast! Just a word of ****warning****, this video has footage of my c-section on it. You don't see anything you shouldn't and it isn't gory, but it is surgery. I absolutely think it is beautiful, and cry every time I watch it. This is the first time Jan has been allowed to video it, so it is my first child I have ever seen "born" or gooey from birth. Usually they rush them off and clean them up a little before I can see them, and then I only get to hold them for about a minute before they take them away and I go to recovery for an hour. This experience was wonderful, and we were only separated for about 30 minutes.


If you can catch it, Ty is holding his umbilical cord on the way out. Guess he wasn't done eating. :) Sorry if the quality is low, I really had to reduce it to get it to fit.



The birthday song was sung by the doctors and nurses. They were wonderful! I have had my easiest recovery yet, and we are both doing wonderful. Thanks for all of the notes and e-mails!!! Thanks Susan for being there to help, and thanks Mom for coming up to take care of us!!!

Love,

Christene & Ty

p.s. Guess I forgot some of the pertinent "birth" information. Here you go...

Ty Andreas Peterson, born Dec. 3, 2008, 8lbs. 10oz, 21-3/4" long.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Congratulations!! He is such a cutie. Love his name! How much did he weigh when he was born? Looks like the kids all love their new baby brother! I'm sure you have lots of help(speaking from experience!!) Congrats

Christene said...

Sorry. He was 8 lbs. 10 oz. at birth. (Tied for my lowest birth weight baby!) He was 21-3/4" long. He has long monkey feet and toes, and REALLY long fingers. He mostly sleeps and is wonderful!

Benedict said...

First of all...HELLO!!! I didn't even know you had a blog! I am going to be coming around a lot now. You'll be sorry I know!

MOST of all..congrats again on baby Ty! What miracles they are!

Benedict said...

PS I just watched the video...how amazing it that! Thanks for sharing it all with us. He is just perfect!!!

Amy F said...

Wow... what a video. I could feel the suspense! Cute little Ty... he looks so big when they pull him out!! He IS big!

Thanks for sharing... the video is so sweet. What a wonderful time for you guys. Hope you are relaxing during this season!!

Erin Hoy said...

So I'm still too scared to watch the video... I keep comming back to it so I will adventually watch it, but intil then - YEA CONGRATS AND CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE LITTLE GUY. It doesn't seem real to me because we weren't able to see you and Ty in the hospital... Feels really weird that you have another kid... :)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! (Sometimes I lurk over from Jenn's blog.) Glad to hear he arrived safely and both of you are doing well.

Beverly said...

Oh Christene ~ I wept watching the video. It is SO precious. Thank you SO much for bravely sharing (not icky at all). I was SO touched by the birthday song AND they have nice voices! I'm tickled you're moving/moved closer to your mom. I know how much she missed you all, just too many miles. I've bookmarked your blog so I'll take a peek more often. Love, Beverly

Elizabeth Lemon said...

I just discovered your blog! What a fantastic birth video!!! It was way cool watching it after you telling me the story just a few days ago. What a dear little family you have.