
We had the most amazing experience several weeks ago. Kaile was getting ready to go to a friends house to do home schooling. We had left her backpack outside since we were still unpacking. She found a chrysallis attached to her backpack! It ended up falling off at her friends house, so they glued it to the inside of a canning jar lid, and there it lived for about a week. One morning I walked out and it was in the jar fanning its wings. We took it outside and were able to hold it for several hours while it flapped its wings. It was an amazing once in a lifetime experience!
It is a Mourning Cloak. Each of the kids took turns carefully letting it walk on their arms and hands. The little kids lost interest pretty quick. Mommy, however, was in awe.


Here you can see it trying out its long tongue.

The antennae were really interesting. They looked like those stickers you get in your socks that are spiraled.

I was amazed at how hairy this butterfly was! I had no idea they were hairy. I guess Kaile was destined to have Butterfly experiences. Kaile also had a butterfly experience when she was a month old at the Wild Animal Park. A Butterfly came and landed on her chest. A special day for a special girl.
4 comments:
Very fun! I'm glad you noticed the chrysalis.
And, uh, you're pregnant???!!!??
whoa-- wasn't going to leave a comment till i saw your baby ticker!?!?!?!?! little sneaky! Well, congratulations that's great!
The butterfly is amazing
I am sneaky!
Okay-- but I would like some DETAILS!!
Post a Comment