Tuesday, September 11, 2007

End of Summer

I was thinking back over this summer today as I looked for a house to rent in Idaho for the next six months. I am going to miss the warmth of California, but look forward to a new experience and adventure. Here are some of the events that I missed posting this summer. Enjoy ... This may be long. Sorry.

July










This picture was taken at Bates Nut Farm in Valley Center. That is my mom with the kids.








August took us to the River once again! We love being at the river with the Hasvolds. Here are a VERY few of the good photos. I will include one of me wakeboarding. Keep the *gasp* to yourself. Garrett is already asking to go back.







Claire found this hiding spot on the boat, and then conveniently went to sleep in it. :)
When we came home we found our stray cat that adopted us several weeks earlier had kittens in our bush. (Now that we have them out from under the house, look for pics to come.)

Kaile learned to ride her bike without training wheels this summer. (I know it is a little late, but the backyard doesn't offer a lot of straight cement for practice.) We are proud of her accomplishment.










Jan hiked San Gorgonio Mountain with his boss' and a friend to prepare to hike Mt. Whitney. (He would like to make a post about his Mt. Whitney adventure. He's so busy, we'll see if it happens.)

I started home schooling Kaile this year in preparation for our move to Idaho for 4-6 months of the school year. We had such a hard time having Jan away from us for 5 months last year, that we decided to go along this year! This is a picture of Kaile on school picture day/book pick up day. So far, so good. Only ask me on good days :)










These are pictures taken on Kaile's "first day of school". She set her alarm, woke up and dressed herself in this uniform looking dress she had . . . all to sit in our kitchen and work :) Atleast she was excited. I wish every day was that easy.
















We also had a family party when Garrett turned 4! I can't believe he is getting so old - and starting to grow into himself! He is still as thick and heavy as a pure bar of lead, but is looking less like a big bear cub.













7 comments:

Jenn said...

Why the heck are you going to Idaho? And where in Idaho??? I need details!

Christene said...

We are going to recruit guys in Rexburg to sell pest control contracts next summer. We are still trying to find a house to rent while we are there...so I don't know when we are going to leave CA. Hopefully the beginning of Oct?? We should be back for Christmas break, then we might have to go back to ID for a month or two. Jan will actually recruit at BYUI, BYU and Utah State. Why couldn't they send us to BYU Hawaii???

Amy F said...

No kidding about Hawaii. It is nice that you will be able to go along, if he HAS to be gone in Idaho. You are a good woman to get everything lined up and in order to be together as a family there.

Love these pictures! I love that Kaile was so excited to start school. I love that you preserved the traditional first-day-of-school rituals.

Garrett is just a little bear cub. Love that boy! He really is growing up.

I love that Claire drifted to sleep in her own little special place. She is such a cutie!

And of course... the wake boarding picture. Nice, Christine!

Jenn said...

We have couples every summer move into our ward who do the pest control thing. Once summer is over though they are gone!! my sister is at BYUI!!

Christene said...

Jenn: Does your sister like BYUI? Trying to find a home there is proving difficult. Hopefully we will be tied down soon.

Amy: Thanks again for letting me borrow your sweaters for the winter. They will come in handy. Did I tell you I bought some snow clothes for the kids at Once Upon a Child? When I went to pay for them, they guy said he had just set them out two hours before. What a blessing. Got everything but boots for $90. Whew!

Amy F said...

Sounds like you are just about set... all except for the, uh, house. We're thinking of you.

Jenn said...

No she doesn't like BYUI I think it's going to be her last semester there. She loved BYU-Provo and hopes to finish there. Good luck!!